MTM-MEK accounts for the special demands of processes exhibiting the characteristics of one-of a kind or small batch production. The application conditions can be described through the following aspects:
• order-oriented production of products with little or no repetition
• large number of product types and variations
• long-cycle or non-cyclic work processes
• constant changes in the work processes and conditions
• relatively low degree of routine
• limited possibilities for detailed work instructions with the associated result of increased variation in the work method
Typical application areas exist in companies involved in machine and steel construction, plant construction, aircraft construction, as well as, in the areas of maintenance and repair, logistics, set-up and change-over work.